The Los Angeles beaches as the County’s Public Health Department issued a bacteria advisory for 12 beaches — eight of them in Malibu.
The department collects samples weekly from various sites year-round to test and monitor bacteria levels. On Wednesday the division found the ocean water at eight beaches in Malibu exceeded state standards for bacterial levels.
Closed Malibu beaches include:
- Malibu Lagoon at Surfrider Beach
- Topanga Canyon Beach in Malibu
- Latigo Shore Drive in Malibu
- Escondido Creek at Escondido State Beach
- Solstice Creek at Dan Blocker County Beach
- Marie Canyon Storm Drain at Puerco Beach
- Las Flores Creek at Las Flores State Beach
- Pena Creek at Las Tunas County Beach
The Department of Public Health discourages swimming in the water at the beach because it may cause illness.
Warning signs will be displayed at area beaches. To view a list of the locations visit the Public Health Department’s website. The list will be updated when conditions change.